31 10 / 2011
OMG! This is better than apple pie and a tie with apple crisp. This is one of my new favorites to add to the recipe file.
- Base: 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/3 cup of raspberry or apricot jam
- Filling: 1 8oz package of light cream cheese(softened if brick style), 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla
- Topping: 3 cups peeled and sliced apples, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Base: Cream butter and sugar together. Blend in flour and press into the bottom and up the sides 1 1/2 inches of a 8 1/2 inch spring form pan. Spread jam evenly over bottom of crust.
- Filling: Beat all filling ingredients together with electric mixer until smooth. Spread evenly over jam.
- Topping: Toss apples, sugar, and cinnamon until well coated. Spoon or arrange over filling. Sprinkle with almonds
Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 400 degrees and bake another 25-30 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool slightly and remove pan rim. Serve warm or at room temperature.