02 11 / 2011
Doesn’t that look delicious… I made a Shephard’s pie the other day and it was really good. Here is my recipe and how I threw it all together.
- Extra lean ground beef
- 2 minced onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- salt, pepper and italian seasoning to taste
- 1 cup shredded light cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce(homemade)
- 5 large potatoes - peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups frozen vegetable mix
- Boil potatoes and vegetables and let simmer until soft. While vegetables are cooking, cook beef in a fry pan with onions, garlic and seasoning. When meat is cooked, add tomato sauce and stir for 2 minutes. Then add 1/2 cup grated cheese and stir until melted. Spoon into a pie plate.
- Drain vegetables and layer over meat mixture. When potatoes are done, mash with 2 Tbsp milk and layer over vegetable mixture. Top with remaining cheddar and put in oven. Bake at 350 for about 20 - 30 minutes.
Cut, serve and enjoy. I ate this with some ketchup on the side and it was delicious.